Mexico, Puebla South Mission March 2015 - March 2017

Elder Ethan Del Toro
Mexico, Puebla South Mission
31 poniente #109 Interior 201
Col. Chula Vista, Puebla, Puebla
Mexico C.P. 72420

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Bienvenidos a Mexico!

March 11, 2015

Hola familia!

Man this has been one heck of a week. It feels so good to be in the motherland already! My companions name is Elder Larkin and he is from Layton. We are pretty good buddies and we have a really good time! So much has happened this week I cant even hardly scratch the surface of what happened this week.

The first few days were really hard. We were so busy and we were living off hardly any sleep.  But as soon as soon as Sunday rolled around, the rest of the week was 100 times better. Sunday was such spirit filled and relaxing day. I was able to play the piano in priesthood and pass the sacrament during sacrament meeting. And the funny thing is, they give everyone a topic for sacrament meeting to prepare for and everyone has to prepare about a 5 minute talk in Spanish but you don't know who is speaking until mid sacrament meeting. And I had forgot to prepare a talk and so I was sitting in sacrament freaking out! I wouldn't have been able to wing it because it had to be in Spanish! But I was super glad I didn't get called on to speak and I'm definitely going to prepare a talk for this next Sunday.

I didnt know this before the mission but you have to teach an investigator in spanish on the third day! Man was that rough. Me and elder Larkin taught this investigator the first lesson from the little bit of spanish we had learned from the previous days. It actually went pretty good. Although the lesson was so simple and probably didn't even make sense, the spirit was so strong. At the end, me and Elder Larkin bore our testimonies to him in spanish about how much God loves him and how He has a plan for him and I could just feel the love God had for him. It really opened my eyes to the work that I am doing here and the importance of mission work. I am so grateful to be able to share this great message with such open and loving people. Now we teach an investigator every single day and soon twice a day!

Tuesday we had the opportunity to hear a devotional that was broadcasted from Provo to all of the MTCs throughout the world. We heard from Quinton L Cook and his wife about missionary work and I was truly inspired to be a better missionary. And the funny thing is, I saw Anthony Holt, who is in the Provo MTC, during the devotional because he was in the choir!  After the devotional, we went to our zone room where we talked about different things that were said during the devotional and it started pouring and hailing super hard. The power went out for a little bit and it was a huge storm with a ton of lightning. Me, Elder Larkin, and a few other Elders that live in our house all ran clear across the whole campus to get to our room. It just so happened that our zone room and our house are on completely opposite sides of the campus so we ran the full 3\4 of a mile to our house. The streets were flooded and the water was flooded to about halfway up my calves! When we got home we were completely drenched and freezing. It hailed so hard the grass looked like it had snowed!

This morning we got to go to the Mexico city temple! It was so beautiful. The temple is closed right now so we just went to the visitors center but it was still super awesome. It was so pretty there and we had a good time watching videos and taking pictures in the visitors center. As soon as we came home, we had lunch and during lunch President Gill came and talked to me and Elder Larkin and we are called to be the next zone leaders when the current zone leaders leave next week. We are so excited for our calling!

I love this gospel and I am so grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ to share his gospel and to share of this joy we have.

Have a great week everyone!

Elder Del Toro









No comments:

Post a Comment