Mexico, Puebla South Mission March 2015 - March 2017

Elder Ethan Del Toro
Mexico, Puebla South Mission
31 poniente #109 Interior 201
Col. Chula Vista, Puebla, Puebla
Mexico C.P. 72420

Monday, May 18, 2015

It's for the niños!

Monday May 4, 2015

Hello family!

This week has been a good one. Me and Elder Conrad have been working so hard but we didn't have a ton of success this last week. This week has been our hardest working week yet but we just had a hard time with the numbers we usually put up.

They had a holiday the other day "dia de los niños" and what a better reason to set off fireworks all night long above our apartment and throw back some family sized corronas. But I mean, its for the niños haha.

So the other day me and Elder Conrad were at this pueblo over closer by the volcano that is a secondary area of ours to go check out some references we got and no one was home at any of the references we got! We were pretty bummed but then this guy in a cake shop stopped us and wanted to talk to us. We was really interested about how like young guys like us go on missions and all that. Then he offered us some cake and man was it awesome. It totally made my day and now we are going to start to teach him the lessons this week.

If you guys haven't had a chance, you should look up the recent video the church made for easter. I'm not sure what its called in English but in Spanish its "gracias a que el vive" so in English its something like "thanks to that he lives". The church has been having us hand out tons of cards that have the link to the video on them and we have been having pretty good success with giving them out. We shared the video with one of our investigators during the lesson and man what a powerful lesson. He has been having trouble with faith and stuff like that and so we shared the video with him. Afterwards we bore our testimonies of Jesus Christ and the truthfulness of the gospel. That was by far the strongest I have felt the spirit on the mission. While I was bearing my testimony I just began to cry from being so overcome by the spirit.

I know that Christ lives and He loves us. Because of Him death has no sting, satan has no power, and the chains of death were broken forever so we are made free. I know that Christ suffered for each and every one of us so that we can live again. There is no greater display of love in the history of all time than when Christ took upon himself the sins, afflictions, and sufferings of the world. I know he did this because He loves us. I know this to be true and this is the great message we're sharing. I love this gospel and this great news I get to share every single day.

Have a good week everyone!

Elder Del Toro

1) Us and the sisters with this lady we helped paint her little business earlier this week.
2) This huge cemita I had the other day at our favorite taco place we like to go to.







No comments:

Post a Comment