Mexico, Puebla South Mission March 2015 - March 2017

Elder Ethan Del Toro
Mexico, Puebla South Mission
31 poniente #109 Interior 201
Col. Chula Vista, Puebla, Puebla
Mexico C.P. 72420

Monday, April 6, 2015

"How could things even get better?"

April 1, 2015

Hola familia!

We´re counting down the days here in the CCM! Its crazy I´ve already been here for 4 weeks. I´ll be heading into the mission field a week from this next Monday and I´m super pumped! The CCM gets a little old over time and we´re all just super excited to head out into the real world. No matter what other people will tell you, the CCM is basically a little part of the US right in the middle of mexico city. Its super weird I'm in mexico because it feels like I'm still in the states!

This last Sunday was fast Sunday and it was definitely an awesome experience to be here during one. Since our Zone is so small, we combined with a couple other zones for fast and testimony meeting. And the best part was, I understood everything! I got up and bore my testimony about how grateful I am to be out here and how grateful I am of our Savior Jesus Christ and how I know that this church is the true and restored church here in the latter days. Bearing your testimony in Spanish definitely has a different power to it and that was by far the strongest I've ever felt the spirit during a sacrament meeting.

Week number 4 is when the home sickness hits Ill be the first to admit. This last week was not an easy week. But I´m serving the Lord.. so how could things get even better?? Every single day I can feel the Lord blessing me and helping me along my way. Last week for a devotional we listened to a talk Elder Bednar gave to the Provo MTC last Christmas and I felt it to be so true. He talked about how he is in no way qualified to be a quorum of the 12 member but with the power of our Savior, all things can be made possible. He said in no way would any of us be anything without the strength of the Lord. And I definitely felt that this week. Even though all of us may seem so inadequate and so weak, it is through the power of our Savior and Redeemer can all things be made possible. If we could see the potential the Lord sees in us, we would never doubt ourselves or the strength and power of Him.

I love this gospel and I love being a missionary. Have a good week everyone!

Elder Del Toro

1) One of the meals that we had last week
2) All of the Elders in our district
3) Me and some of the other guys in our district with one of our teachers, Hermana Aguirre.








No comments:

Post a Comment